What do we do?
Based on three+ decades of experience in strategy planning and account management of advertising, marketing communications and brand planning for brands across the Asia Pacific Bibliosexual offers a range of services :
INSIGHT DEVELOPMENT - from situation analysis to building research briefs, findings analysis and implications through to development of insight identification and action plans. In the last twelve months projects have included working with Unilever on the washing powder and oral care categories in China, with a local cement manufacturer in Myanmar to helping Japan's biggest beauty brand rethink insight and global brand strategy
CAMPAIGN STRATEGY - developing the strategic plan, writing creative briefs, working with creative/media/digital/retail teams on execution strategies, creating research briefs to track the strategy.
MARKET RESEARCH MANAGEMENT - from freelance design of research programs, to presentation of findings. Offering connections and understanding of the latest in market research techniques ( see MR Realities , a podcast series where Dave interviews world experts on the basics and latest in MR ) and also undertaking original research into narratives and storytelling ( see Ai.agency )
MARKETING WORKSHOP MANAGEMENT - developing workshop objectives, sourcing the right inputs, speakers, participants, managing the actualy workshop ( or just being a member of the group ), developing output reports and implications.
AGEING ASIA OPPORTUNITIES - over two decades of studying the ageing population issue and it's implications and opportunities to companies and brands in Asia. Analysis of market situation, writing reports, running workshops, advising on corporate and brand strategies. As for a copy of the report Dave wrote for CLSA in 2016 " New Life Builders: Asia's Ageing Opportunity".
SPEAKING AT EVENTS - Dave has spoken at over 500 events from global conferences, TEDx events, corporate training sessions, to after dinner sessions. He is famous for his talks like :
- "History of Men's Underwear" ... or understanding how categories and brands are influenced by history and technologies outside their core expertise
- "My Mums Throne Room" ... how and why toilets have and remain the most important social medium and how you need to rethink what matters to people
- "Please Don't Call them Consumers" ... why you need to always think of "people" and what matters in their lives and how that builds consumers
- "Ten Campaigns, Ten Lessons" ... drawing on his experience with ten campaigns that ran in Asia and the lessons learnt about international marketing, the mistakes that can be made and how to manage in different cultures
- "New Life Builders" ... the future is all about older populations, especially in Asia, and why that is good news for companies of all kinds